Delivery Hero continues its strong performance with revenues up by 60% on a constant currency basis
Berlin, 13 September 2018 – Delivery Hero Group (“Delivery Hero”), one of the leading global online food ordering and delivery marketplaces, publishes its half-year 2018 results.
Niklas Östberg, CEO of Delivery Hero, said:
“We had a fantastic first six months of 2018 with continued growth across the business and are very pleased with the start of the third quarter.”
Key Highlights for the H1 2018 Group Financial Performance:
– Orders grew by 45.8% to 183.7 million
– Gross Merchandise Value (GMV) grew by 36.9% to EUR 2,358.7 million like for like and by 50.0% on a constant currency adjusted basis
– Revenues grew by 47.7% to EUR 356.9 million like for like and by 60.5% on a constant currency adjusted basis
– Adjusted EBITDA margin at -15.4% in line with previous announcement and on track with management expectations
Key Performance Indicators H1 2018:
|H1 2018||H1 2017
|Group||EUR million||EUR million||%||%|
|Orders (Unit Million)||183.7||126.0||45.8||45.8|
|Total Segment Revenue||356.9||241.6||47.7||60.5|
|EBITDA Margin (%)||-15.4||-16.7|
|EBITDA Margin (%)||-24.0||-26.7|
|EBITDA Margin (%)||7.3||24.8|
|EBITDA Margin (%)||-20.4||-31.1|
|EBITDA Margin (%)||-61.0||-51.1|
– Gross Merchandise Value (GMV) is the total value of orders (including VAT) transmitted to restaurants.
– Like-for-like figures exclude the results of our disposed operations in India. In 2017, India revenues were EUR2.3m in Q1, EUR2.6m in Q2, EUR2.5m in Q3 and EUR2.5m in Q4. The results of smaller acquisitions and disposals are not adjusted for.
– Constant currency financial information represents like-for-like figures applying same foreign currency exchange rates in H1 2018 as in H1 2017.
– Revenues presented for Delivery Hero Group represent the total segment revenues.
The full Half-Year Report 2018 can be downloaded on the Delivery Hero website, via the following link: https://ir.deliveryhero.com/
On 7 November 2018 Delivery Hero will publish its Q3 Trading Update 2018.
About Delivery Hero
Delivery Hero is a leading global online food ordering and delivery marketplace with number one market positions in terms of restaurants, active users and orders in more countries than any of its competitors and online and mobile platforms across 40+ countries in Europe, the Middle East & North Africa (MENA), Latin America and the Asia-Pacific region. Delivery Hero also operates its own delivery service primarily in high-density urban areas around the world. The Company is headquartered in Berlin and has over 17,000 employees.
For more information, please visit www.deliveryhero.com.
WKN: A2E4K4; ISIN: DE000A2E4K43.
|Investor Relations Enquiries
SVP Corporate Finance & Head of Investor Relations
Bodo v. Braunmühl
Head of Corporate Communications