Delivery Hero reports its 2017 financials with revenue growth of 60% for the full year
Berlin, 26 April 2018 – Delivery Hero Group (“Delivery Hero”), a leading global online food ordering and delivery marketplace, maintained its strong growth trajectory in 2017 with revenues up 60% to EUR 544.2 million and an improved adjusted EBITDA margin of -17%. Delivery Hero outperformed its revenue guidance for the full year and met the targeted adjusted EBITDA margin of -17%.
Delivery Hero confirms a strong start to trading for the year and is on track to reach its goal of breakeven on an adjusted EBITDA basis on a monthly level by the end of Q4 2018.
Key Highlights for the full year group financial performance:
- – Total orders increased by 48% in the full year to 291.5 million.
- – Gross Merchandise Value (GMV) increased by 46% in the full year to EUR 3,824.3 million.
- – Revenues increasing by 60% to EUR 544.2 million. On a constant currency basis, revenues increased by 65% on the same period.
- – Adjusted (Adj.) EBITDA Margin improved for the group from -34% in 2016 to -17% in 2017.
The full 2017 annual report can be downloaded on the Delivery Hero website.
On 09 May 2018, Delivery Hero will publish its Q1 Quarterly Statement 2018.
Key Performance Indicators Full Year:
|Group||Unit million /
|Unit million /
- – All numbers are excluding UK operations (discontinued operations).
- – LfL (Like-for-Like): “Like for like” presents Delivery Hero’s comparative 2016 results as if the acquisition of foodpanda had occurred on 1 January 2016 and excludes contributions from operations reported in discontinued operations. In addition, please note that:
- – Asia KPIs exclude our former operations in China, which were sold in May 2016.
- – All numbers are including India operations, with for full year 2017:
- o Orders: 11.6 million
- o GMV: EUR 57.5 million
- o Revenues: EUR 9.9 million
- – Group GMV for FY 2017 was slightly adjusted compared to the full-year 2017 trading update, as it was previously underestimated by c. EUR 0.4 million in Europe for the same period. Finally, MENA GMV, Americas orders and Americas revenues for FY 2017 had a minor decimal rounding update.
Disclaimer and further information
This information also contains forward-looking statements. These statements are based on the current view, expectations and assumptions of the management of Delivery Hero AG (“Delivery Hero”). Such statements are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that are beyond Delivery Hero’s control or accurate estimates, such as the future market environment and the economic, legal and regulatory framework, the conduct of other market participants, the successful integration of newly acquired companies and the realization of expected synergy effects, as well as measures by public authorities. If any of these or other uncertainties and imponderables materialize, or if the assumptions, on which these statements are based, prove to be incorrect, actual results could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Delivery Hero does not warrant or assume any liability that the future development and future actual results will be consistent with the assumptions and estimates expressed in this report. Delivery Hero does not intend or assume any obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect events or developments after the date of this report, except as required by law.
This document is also published in German. In the event of discrepancies, the German version of the report shall take precedence over the English translation.
About Delivery Hero
Delivery Hero is the leading global online food ordering and delivery marketplace with number one market positions in terms of restaurants, active users and orders in more countries than any of its competitors and online and mobile platforms across 40+ countries in Europe, the Middle East & North Africa (MENA), Latin America and the Asia-Pacific region. Delivery Hero also operates its own delivery service primarily in 60+ high-density urban areas around the world. The Company is headquartered in Berlin and has over 6,000 employees in addition to thousands of employed delivery drivers.
For more information, please visit www.deliveryhero.com.
WKN: A2E4K4; ISIN: DE000A2E4K43.
Bodo v. Braunmühl
Head of Corporate Communications
Investor Relations Enquiries
Head of Investor Relations