- PreambleDelivery Hero is committed to operating responsibly, including in how we source and whom we work with. We evaluate and select our suppliers beyond the basis of economic criteria. We consider environmental protection, compliance with human rights, labor, and social standards, as well as anti-corruption practices. We expect our suppliers to comply fully with applicable laws and adhere to internationally recognized environmental, social and corporate governance standards (ESG). Our approach is drawn from the principles established by the United Nations Global Compact, the United Nations Guiding Principles, and Human Rights, and the International Labor Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work.
- ScopeThe Supplier Code of Conduct of the Delivery Hero Group (in the following “Delivery Hero”, “company” or “we”) is relevant to all our suppliers, including agents, trading companies, service providers, their subcontractors and every member of the supply chain (hereafter: “Suppliers”). Our Suppliers shall accept our Supplier Code of Conduct (CoC) and adhere to our principles at all times, i.e. in all situations involving Delivery Hero and/or its local entities directly or indirectly.
- Human Rights and Labor StandardsDelivery Hero respects human rights as set out in the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights. We require our employees to treat others with fairness, respect, and equality. We expect suppliers to respect the rights of their employees and contractors, and to comply with all relevant legislation, regulations, and directives in the country in which they operate. If local laws do not exist or are below the standards set out in this Code of Conduct, then suppliers are expected to adhere to our Code of Conduct. Requirements set out below cover Delivery Hero’s expectations on a range of human rights-related issues. Also, Delivery Hero expects suppliers to enable their employees and other stakeholders to report concerns or potentially unlawful practices at the workplace.
3.1 Forced Labor, Child Labor, and Human Trafficking and SlaveryDelivery Hero expects suppliers to:
- Not use any form of forced or involuntary labor.
- Not participate in any way with human trafficking, specifically the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harboring, or receipt of persons by improper means (such as force, abduction, fraud, or coercion).
- Not employ or use workers who fail to meet minimum age requirements. Minimum age is determined to be whichever is higher between applicable child labor laws in the country of operation or the ILO requirements (general minimum age for admission to employment or work at 15 years (13 for light work) and the minimum age for hazardous work at 18 (16 under certain strict conditions)).
3.2 Working Hours, Wages and Benefits
Delivery Hero expects suppliers to:
- Pay all workers the greater between the minimum legal wage or a wage that meets the local industry standards.
- Comply with working hours following local laws.
- Pay workers at a level that allows them to meet their basic needs in the jurisdiction where no legal minimum wage exists.
- Comply with all other applicable local laws and regulations regarding wages, working hours and benefits, such as overtime, maximum hours and employee benefits.
Delivery Hero expects suppliers to:
- Treat their employees with respect and provide a workplace free of harassment, abuse of any kind, harsh and inhumane treatment, and all kinds of discrimination.
- Not discriminate against people based on personal characteristics, including but not limited to gender, race, and ethnicity.
3.4 Health and Safety
Delivery Hero expects suppliers to:
- Provide a safe and healthy working environment, taking proactive action to prevent and minimize injury and ill health of their workers.
- Understand and eliminate hazards and risks to occupational health and safety.
- Continually work to improve the management of occupational health and safety.
Where suppliers’ activities include chemicals or other materials that pose a health risk to humans, we expect suppliers to abide by the following requirements in addition to those listed above:
- Ensure an appropriate health and safety management system is in place.
- Be proactive in identifying, reducing or avoiding risks to people.
- Chemicals or other materials that pose a risk to humans must be identified and handled in such a way that handling, use, storage, and disposal are carried out safely.
3.5 Freedom of Association
Delivery Hero expects suppliers to:
- Uphold the freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining under applicable laws.
- Environment ImpactDelivery Hero is committed to preserving the environment and combatting climate change. We want to work with organizations that share these goals.
As a minimum, we expect suppliers to:
- Comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Minimize the negative environmental impacts of their operations, products and supply chains, including but not limited to air pollution, greenhouse gas emissions, water discharge, hazardous waste disposal, and poisonous substances.
- Use resources efficiently, apply energy-efficient and environmentally friendly technologies and reduce waste, as well as emissions to air, water, and soil.
Where suppliers’ activities include chemicals or other materials that pose a risk to the environment, we expect suppliers to abide by the following requirements in addition to those listed above:
- Ensure an appropriate environmental, health and safety management system is in place.
- Be proactive in identifying, reducing or avoiding risks to the environment and people.
- Chemicals or other materials that pose a risk to the environment must be identified and handled in such a way that handling, use, storage, and disposal are carried out safely.
- Bribery and Corruption
5.1 Anti-Bribery and Anti-CorruptionBribery or corruption refers to the giving or offering of money, goods or other forms of reward to a recipient to bring about a change of their behavior or decisions in the interest of the giver, and which the recipient would otherwise not alter. Delivery Hero does not tolerate any form of bribery or corruption. Offering or accepting a bribe in any form, directly or indirectly, is strictly prohibited. Suppliers shall fully comply with applicable national and international regulations and are expected to conduct business in a professional, fair and lawful manner. Therefore, suppliers are expected to have established processes for sharp controls and regulations to prevent any kind of bribery and corruption.
5.2 Conflict of Interest
A conflict of interest may arise at any time when competing loyalties could cause you to pursue a personal benefit. Suppliers are requested to take reasonable steps to avoid any conflict of interest, real or apparent, in connection with their cooperation with Delivery Hero. Suppliers shall not enter into a financial or any other relationship with a Delivery Hero employee that creates any actual or potential conflict of interest for Delivery Hero or its employee. Suppliers understand that a conflict of interest arises when the material personal interests of the Delivery Hero employee are inconsistent with the responsibilities of his/her position with the company. All such conflicts must be disclosed and corrected. Even the appearance of a conflict of interest can be damaging to Delivery Hero and its suppliers and are to be disclosed and approved in advance by Delivery Hero management.
- Unfair Business practices
6.1 CollusionAntitrust and competition laws are designed to encourage and protect free and fair competition. These laws exist in Germany and in other countries where Delivery Hero and or its entities do business and apply to relationships with competitors, customers, and suppliers. Antitrust and competition laws generally prohibit practices that include: (1) Agreements or arrangements between competitors that eliminate or restrict their competition with each other, such as price-fixing, bid-rigging, allocations of customers or territories or agreements not to deal with third parties, and (2) Other practices, such as exclusive dealing, price discrimination, “tying” (conditioning the sale of a product on the purchase or sale of another product), or in circumstances where these practices have an unreasonable impact on competition.
6.2 Due Diligence
We at Delivery Hero use due diligence when selecting our service providers and suppliers. Our procurement process is based on objective and comprehensible criteria, using a documented procedure. We always aim to ensure that our suppliers follow the same high ethical principles of conduct as we do at Delivery Hero. Hence our suppliers are obligated to conduct an appropriate due diligence process within their whole supply chain.
6.3 Management Systems
Our suppliers are expected to have stringent monitoring and controlling processes including functional controls with clear allocated responsibilities and respective documentation of the named. Suppliers are also obliged to implement rules and regulations, including tax laws and appropriate documentation of these regulations to ensure compliance with the principles of this CoC.
6.4 Protection of Intellectual Property/ Company Assets
Delivery Hero assets comprise intellectual property, business strategies, financial data, diagrams, drawings, calculations, personal data, and other confidential information, as well as physical assets (hereafter: “intellectual property and company assets”). suppliers are obliged to protect and respect our intellectual property and company assets. Disclosure towards third parties is only allowed with the prior written consent of Delivery Hero, insofar as the supplier is not obliged hereto owing to statutory or official regulations. Sub-suppliers shall be obliged accordingly by the supplier.
- WhistleblowingWe expect all suppliers to promptly report any suspicious acts or any non-compliance with this CoC. To do so, all suppliers have the following three options available to them:
- contact their respective Delivery Hero Group business representative
- reach out via the Delivery Hero whistleblowing tool
- Get in touch via email to moc.orehyrevilednull@ecnailpmoc
The adherence to the underlying CoC for Delivery Hero is of the utmost importance. If there is suspicion of non-compliance or violation of one or more points of the CoC listed here, DH reserves the right to assess the supplier itself, if suspected. If this suspicion is confirmed, the business partnership will be reevaluated and possibly terminated according to our contractual rights and applicable law.
If you require assistance with any matter related to this policy, please contact: